IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Rap of History Backwards The

Love it when people dis rap as not music. Come on, not music. Really? Hip-hop is just a natural extension from jazz, blues, rock, etc. When rappers boast that he is the man, it's just like blues singers or Stevie Winwood boasting "I'm a Man". There is so much cool hip-hop out there in every single language. Just because you don't listen to Kendrick Lamar doesn't mean you don't like the genre. It's like you don't listen to Taylor Swift but still listen to the Beatles - it's pop music. You choose your favs.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

On 5/25/2017 at 0:26 PM, Speed Racer said:

Let's not overstep here. Hip-Hop is nothing like Jazz, Blues, or even Rock musically.

That's simply not true, sorry. Since many hip-hop songs sample jazz music.

Just one example:

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That could be the most clueless comment of the year.  Nothing personal against you, just the comment. 

Many comments in this thread have my wondering "what?!" 

Ice-T said an interesting comment, and I have read similar articles about this topic, about the N word and how the black community wanted to take the word back from the white community using it as a term to demean. I don't always agree how rap uses the word but I understand this particular purpose.