IGNORED

I2S compatibility issue between W4S dac2 & Singxer SU-1, two beatiful pieces of hi-end products

On 4/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, Bamber said:

I have a lot of respect for W4S as they have provided perfect after sales support to me here in the UK.  I purchased the original DAC2 which I later found had a volume balance issue.  EJ shipped a new lid with the new firmware to fix the issue and it didn't cost me anything.

I still have the original emails and that is why I continue to purchase their products.  Hopefully if they find the fault is on their side they will offer a free fix like before.  I only received the new DAC2V2 SE from the UK dealer on 5th April so would expect them to fix any issue at their expense.

I like to experiment with different connections and intend to purchase the SU-1 and possibly the new UpTone Regen ISO.  I want to compare them against the Recovery to get the best possible sound from this reference DAC.

+1

@Franatic @lenag  and others with this issue.

Similar to @Bamber I had an issue with one of  W4S's products, one of the first W4S Recovery units and my Schiit Yggdrasil were not playing nice together. This was handled professionally and with genuine customer focused efforts (others also ended up having an issue similar to mine). Tony and EJ and the other members of the W4S team are running a class operation and I am certain that they will come through for you. It's in their best interest to do so.

Having run a small business, I am familiar with some of the challenges experienced when the company is likely looking into and trying to address and resolve the issue while also doing their best to manage other aspects of their business and tend to time sensitive priorities.

I'd be frustrated also, so I understand and empathise with your position as a customer...since I am one and have gone through similar situations, and not just with W4S.

I know I'm guilty of not doing this, but when I do...things work themselves out. Be patient and step back...and consider all that makes our hobby a wonderful one and such a satisfying one.

I also want to recognize @Franatic and @lenag for their dedication and efforts on resolving this issue and getting everyone involved with the fix. That takes time and energy and leadership. 

I've been looking at another DAC (not W4S) that has the potential for i2S implementation and with the Singxer SU-1...so I'm definitely interested in the outcome of your efforts.

All the best to everyone!