IGNORED

Newbie Speaker Recommendation?

I would second the suggestion of JBL LSR 305s. They are really crazy good for the money.

The SonicSense people have youtube videos of them as well. I was surprised that the basic frequency balance does come through on videos the way they record them. Not as great as hearing them live, but the basic balance is there.

Don't know which part of the world you are in, but Guitar Centers usually have the JBLs so you could hear them for yourself. Some also have the Adams though some don't.

And yes, JCN3 gave good advice as any pretty good DAC will beat feeding straight out of the headphone jack on your computer.

Now I haven't heard the Vanatoo T1s though some people here speak well of them. They have the advantage you could feed them from the USB on your computer as they have the DAC built in. They also are probably a very good choice for your needs.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

M-Audio also makes some nice PC speakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Not saying it isn't so. But I had MAudio before getting LSR305s. Firstly my Maudio got the dreaded hum problem from capacitors going bad. Then once I got the 305s, well the Maudio is simply not even competitive. If you haven't heard the 305s, I would suggest you listen. You might want some. Until the hum problem I was relatively okay with the maudio. I wouldn't be any longer. And the Maudio costs more.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.