IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

A14 does not have the stop-click issue. Thanks. I now have some extraneous warbly low level noises in the background and wondering if they are amp/preamp noise (could be tube, but prevalent at zero volume too) or some sort of network noise. It's always somethin'. Prolly not related to this topic.

Her's a silly newbie Linux question re: AudioLinux....

I run mine via generic but decent Cruzer Glide 32GB USB thumb drive (alternating boots with Win10 on my SSD). Is this $30 USB stick platform worthy of running such a high end HQPlayer environment, given that the rest of my server is i7 6700k, Nvidia GTX960 CUDA, etc etc? Am I better off at least copying AudioLinux to a partition on my SSD? I have worked hard to get HQPlayer to a clean and powerful environment, but the inexperienced in me says it seems weird that I am running my OS off a generic USB stick.

BTW, I would go Debian if it included the plug-n-play type of GUI that Audiolinux gives me, especially as a newbie to Linux.

I have my AudioLinux installed on the internal HD. I used the USB flash disk to test, but I quickly swapped to HD.

BTW, the procedure is slightly complicated (it's not just copy from USB to HD) and you better be directed by Piero about it.

All upgrades are always "yaourt -S hqplayer-embedded". Usually Piero makes the new package available within a day on AUR.

Thanks! Did moving AudioLinux to the hdd improve anything?

Piero just put a17 on the AUR. I will switch from Win10 back to AudioLinux and install it. Jussi, where does a17 fall in relation to the version numbering on Windows HQPlayer desktop (like 3.5.1)?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Deepak, nice work!!  Although I am using Win 10, and trying AudioLinux (infrequently currently cuz I can't get HQP embedded to work; to not have the "gave up in 5 tries" message) this guide makes me think seriously about a full Debian install once I know a little more.  Thx