IGNORED

microRendu (Quest for the All-In-One Killer)

@plissken, you're usually right on but I don't understand your advice above. His configuration is fine. He has a server (PC/JRMC) and a renderer (mRendu). He's controlling with a tablet running JRemote. He needs no more/no less. How are the "Windows 10 / JRMC and the Micro Rendu ... redundant"? One is a server, the other a renderer.
I'm looking to escape the pitfalls of the pc. It seems like half the time I wake the pc up to play music, I find it must first be restarted before it can work properly. Very frustrating, and it kills the mood.

If this is the "real" problem, let's focus on solving it. You already have a capable network player in the CXN but I understand you just want the music to play. There are two ways of achieving this:

1. Leave your HTPC powered on all the time. Disable any power management. Leave JRMC running with its UPnP server component active. This can be done right now and should greatly improve your experience.

2. Purchase a low-power NAS, such as the Synology DS216play, wire it to your router, and copy your music library to it. It has a UPnP server built-in. You can continue to rip/download as you do today and easily copy new content over to the NAS via your network.

Either of these options will give you "always on" response. You can use any UPnP remote controller you like, such as the Cambridge Connect app.