IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

What I know:

Audirvana Plus now integrates an MQA decoder! This allows -

- Owners of an MQA renderer without the full embedded decoder to play the full MQA stream.

- Owners of a non-MQA DAC to play the hi-res version, with a sample rate doubled compared to CD resolution.

I don't know anything else, so don't ask! :)

I believe Damien will be along with more information and answers to questions tomorrow.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 1 month later...
Not at all! What about a recording of Bach cantatas or the Verdi Requiem or operas or . . . ?

Some tracks are chorus + orchestra, some tracks are solos, some are duets, etc. - they *all* have different artists or combinations thereof.

Example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33445[/ATTACH]

They really need to decide who's on that album!

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Can we please have some details about the audio engine improvements?

Um, it sounds better? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist, but will tell you that I listened without being told there were any SQ changes and wrote Damien asking if he'd done something, because it sounds very, very good (subjectively speaking of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks for the heads up Jud.

I take it there's an overall SQ improvement and not just with the MQA implementation.

Yes.

I'm looking forward to this, are we talking about a few days to release or longer?

I don't know the answer personally. I know Damien has been on a family vacation and did not want to do the release just before or during that time.

Hello Damien, is there any news from the front line? [emoji351]

Now Damien's stuff is completed and he is awaiting some final tweaks/bugfixes from the MQA folks, is what I understand is on Facebook.