IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Do you feel the same about DSD as you do MQA, with respect to it being vaporware?

"

Chris, do you know the licensing limitations for a label to encode using MQA? Would be interesting to know. My understanding is that it's not readily available for labels to convert to MQA without spending a lot of money. I could be wrong.

The difference as I see it between DSD and MQA are this... DSD is a recording format. MQA is not. Those devoted to DSD recording are probably not soon going to give that up. DSD recording was available long before the downloads were available to consumers.

Blue Coast is agnostic when it comes to selling formats of music to customers... we sell what they want to buy... but we're clear when recording that Blue Coast Records uses DSD or analog, no PCM. That's my choice.

When we're selling a DSD256 file to a customer from BlueCoastMusic.com or Downloadsnow.net it really is a copy of the master. All other formats are converted from the DSD256 master. Conversions are not perfect copies. The question is... does anyone really care about perfect copies?

Based on buying habits of our customers, I would say "no". Most people buy on convenience as to what their DAC is. Still, there are plenty of people who seek the quality of DSD256 even at higher prices.

Is there a market for DSD downloads? Right now, yes and it's growing.

If your company business model is to grow huge and sell off the company, then catalog size matters. Blue Coast is not looking to compete with the biggest catalog of music, just do the best work we can.

We won't be giving up DSD anytime soon. :)

Thanks, Chris, for all you do!

Cookie Marenco

Blue Coast Records

Blue Coast Music Group

Cookie Marenco[br]founder and producer[br]Blue Coast Records[br]http://www.bluecoastrecords.com/