IGNORED

New Mytek Brooklyn ADC - Now Available

52 minutes ago, bmoura said:

Along with Analog Tape to DSD 256. 

Brian, I appreciate your love for DSD(I love it too) but I would imagine that there are also people out there who would opt instead to convert their vinyl and analog tape recordings to PCM 384. The DSD256 niche, on the other hand, does make this ADC special. The price point is also not unreasonable for someone with an interest in converting a sizeable library of analog recordings.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the release of the much more expensive Chord Davina which shares essential design aspects with the ChordBlu mkII. I would be remiss to not point out that Davina should cost about the same as Blu2(roughly $10,000 currently with the Brexit discount), making it an ADC for pros as opposed to hobbyists. The key in this case would be to see how recordings produced with Davina fare on playback, especially with systems having the DaveBlu2 combo. I don't have anything more to say re: Davina as this thread is really about the Brooklyn ADC.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, bmoura said:

I'm guessing that David Robinson at Positive Feedback, who has already reviewed the Playback Designs Pinot ADC, would be the one to write up the Brooklyn ADC.

We'll see. :)

I'm also curious as to what Positive Feedback's Myles Astor (a major analog tape enthusiast) would have to say.