IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

17 hours ago, elan120 said:

After making various modifications with my SU-1 over the past months, every mod show improvements anywhere from subtle to extensive, which prompt me to believe putting more effort into improving signal quality going into the DAC will have great dividend, and after completing my latest SU-1 modification project, and burn-in all new components well past 300 hours, I can confidently say this project is well worth the time and effort.

What I did this time was having all 3 SU-1 clocks replaced using 2 of the 4 outputs from SOtM sCLK-EX clock board while feeding sCLK-EX clock board with sCLK-OCX10 reference clock.  Although the cost is well exceeded the "reasonable" level, but the result is a totally transformed system, making improvements from my previous mods seem subtle.  In case anyone is interested, please refer to the block diagram below.

image.thumb.png.6ead218953cfdc8163143c1d8d4cea6c.png

Hi,

did you make the upgrade yourself or did you sent to Sotm?

And the biggest improvement was made by the sCLK-EX or the sCLK-OCX10 add?

I ask you because I own a Sotm sms-200 Ultra with the sCLK-EX inside and two slots free that I coud use. But I wonder if it is possible to do the upgrade by myself or if it is necessary to sent all to Sotm.

• 8 months later...