IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

If you have creative itch and would like to improve default SU-1 power supply, here is how it could be done.

In order to make S…re Signature-like power supply you have to replace LM2940CT-5 regulator with Belleson Superpower regulator (Superpower SPZ Positive Superpower Regulator , 5v output and 78xx pin-assignment).

Next. There are 3pcs. 1000uFx25V and 1pc. 470uFx25V “no-name” electrolytic capacitors installed.

Unfortunately there is no much space inside, so you have two options:

- replace capacitors with the same size (and capacity);

- or install bigger capacitor (e.g. Jensen/Mundorf) outside power supply pcb (maximum diameter is ~35mm).

I followed first option and installed Nichicon FG Series capacitors 1000uFx16V, 470uFx16V. Film capacitors were changed as well (Wima MKS2 1uFx63V).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32437[/ATTACH]

Warning!!!! Heatsink is soldered to the ground. You MUST disconnect it from the ground by cutting PCB wires round its soldering points!!! Otherwise you will burn Belleson regulator!!

![ATTACH=CONFIG]32435[/ATTACH]

On the SU-1 main board there are 5pcs. "no-name" 220uFx25V capacitors. Don't like them? Replace with Nichicon FG 470uFx16V.

And if you are crazy enough, replace wires with Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold 1mm :)

It is easy, because connector is not crimped, but soldered (at least in my case)

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32436[/ATTACH]

Disclaimer: Mentioned procedure for Solder-man Level 60 and above :)

Total BOM: ~65USD excluding shipping and Mundorf wires.

@paulinus - thanks for letting us know about the mods.

Most importantly - what was the impact of the mods? Thanks!