IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

• 4 weeks later...
Oh yes. We have been firmware flashing, testing, assembling, kitting, and packing like mad for the past two weeks. Today more than half of the 250 promised for shipment by the 18th are going out. Those folks will automatically receive a tracking number at 2:00 p.m. (PST) today.

We made it up to about order #4380 today. The rest will be shipped on time next week. And that will bring us up to order #4440.

A request to all:

PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL ME ABOUT WHEN YOUR ORDER WILL SHIP. All orders will be shipped by or before the date that was promised on the web page at the time you ordered, and in the confirmation e-mail you received immediately after placing your order (assuming you entered your e-mail address correctly).

Thanks and regards,

--Alex C.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30597[/ATTACH]

Awesome news! Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the 2nd batches of LPS-1 and I must say the shipping has been very smooth for me. Thanks Alex and the team for the excellent job, really appreciated!

I have been using the LPS-1 to power USB REGEN for a week now, I have to admit that it is not as a big WOW as my first upgrade to USB REGEN. I have no mRendu to try since I am using Aurender as source. Hopefully it is because my system already have liitle room to improve xD

very interesting! may I know what you used for powering REGEN before? Since I used the AC adapter came with REGEN and it improves a lot but I can barely hear any different after adding LPS-1 in between. just wondering if there is anything wrong during my new connections...... LPS-1 double the price of REGEN after all plus all those positive comments makes me wonder if there is anything i missed......

It's a third day since I have LPS-1 powering Regen in my chain. Before that I've written to Alex from UpTone, that I'm not sure if I want to keep Regen. Its influence over SQ was not in all aspects good. Since I got LPS-1, Regens place in my chain is 100% guaranteed. Big difference ! Watch out over polarization of your mainwell powercable powering LPS-1. In one position the source placement seemed to be floating, in other - all is ok! And yes, it's official, Regen does it's best when placed just before DAC. I've also tried Vbus2 between Regen and hard adapter (as my DAC doesn't need USB power), but found it disturbing SQ.

Thanks for your sharing. when i first integrated REGEN to my setup the changes were all positive and, my streamer was an audio dedicated Mac Mini (w/o LPS modification however) running Audirvana Plus. Then it is changed to Aurender N100H few months ago with audible improvement too. that could be the lead to the variance maybe......

BTW, the full source chain now becomes: Synology NAS > Oyaide Cat.7 ethernet cable > Aurender > AQ USB cable > REGEN powered by LPS-1 powered by original REGEN mainwell > TEAC DAC

Clearly we have a different experiences. Before, I powered Regen with supplied mainwell. Regen did changed the sound signature. Music became rounded in mids and hights, with bigger bass, but bass was less colorful, less different. Also in high frequencies this "rounding" was not too good in my setup. Some user told me to wait with patience for LPS-1. The difference in my setup was undoubtedly great. All that I was complying at, just disappears. Sound became clearer, overall lighter in mids and bass, but with deep bass as well.

I use Jcat USB Isolator right after my audio-only laptop, then Vbus2 cuts 5V in USB cable, then I have Regen powered by LPS-1 and Regen is placed just before my DAC and is connected through hard adapter supplied with the Regen.

We may vary in our experiences because of this specific audio chain.

Thanks for your advice. I will look into Vbus2 but I am just wondering if that would be an duplication for my setup since REGEN seems to have similar functionality regarding 5Vusb?

Very nice setup. You can try to get rid of 5V between Aurender and AQ USB cable. In my setup it was cool improvement, using small, tiny, not very expensive Sbooster Vbus2.