IGNORED

New Amarra 4

On 7/18/2017 at 6:15 AM, indirstr8s said:

Has anybody been able to make iRC work on A4L. For me it does not work and simply shifts the stereo image to the right speaker when iRC is enabled. Sonic Studio has acknowledged to me that some have reported the same issue and they are looking at it. I was just interested in knowing if anybody has been able to use iRC on A4L.

I notice that the soundstage seems to become vague when I enable IRC in A4L.  One track in particular, the phase test on the Sheffield/XLO CD, illustrates this quite clearly.  IRC works fine with Amarra Symphony 3.0.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2017 at 0:54 PM, rodelius said:

Just installed A4 Luxe Demo on a fresh OS install.

Sounds great, but as others have reported, sound is shifted to the right when IRC is ON.

Yesterday I made a new set of measurements and filters to see whether DIRAC might have updated something, but results are identical.

New filters sound fine in Symphony 3 but they fail in A4L.

Any updates on this issue?

Could it be possible that it just don't work on the demo version?

Are they really selling the IRC feature to new customers knowing that it does not work?

I wrote to Amarra Product Support recently about how I cannot get IRC to work with A4L, even though it works fine with 3.0.  I get a confused soundstage when I enable IRC in A4L.  They  replied right away and told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.  Ralph at Amarra says they expect it to be fixed soon.  

• 7 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 10:48 AM, Yury said:

Hi friends
Anybody use IRC with Amarra 4 Luxe? I created 3 different filters. First for armchair, second for sofa and third filter only measured at one point. All of them totally kill the music scene. Musical instruments are smeared in space. Is it normal?))))))) :S

I had this problem several months ago.  I installed a new version of Amarra 4 Luxe and it fixed the problem.  I get a good soundstage with IRC engaged.