IGNORED

Adjusting volume with Thesycon TUSB Control Panel vs. Foobar2000 volume control

If I am using Thesycon XMOS USB with Foobar2000 -->Stello usb converter-->24 bit DAC-->active preamp-->power amp...and I temporarily removed the active preamp from the chain...would using the volume control in the TUSB control panel be superior to the volume control in Foobar2000 or would the results be identical? Thank you for your insight.

Windows 7 64-bit

You can try both and compare them by ear. :) The practical difference is that the Control Panel adjusts system wide volume level for your audio device and the Foobar2000 volume control is application specific.

I would let the Thesycon Control Panel volume level on max and use application specific volume control for adjusting. That allows to maintain appropriate volume levels for different applications separately. It may be also much more convenient to use Foobar2000 interface for volume control (you can use many different skins with Foobar2000). With Foobar2000, you can also use remote control for example from a smartphone, that will adjust Foobar's volume control.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500