IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

Hi. Does one of the early adopter can share some comparison between Spring and Hugo TT? I'm hesitating between these 2 dacs. Thanks :)

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

At this point I haven't heard either one (I hope I'll hear both this weekend, though the Hugo isn't really the kind of thing I'm looking for), but I'll just point out that the Hugo TT goes for US$4,795, and the Spring (Level 3, Kitsune Tuned Edition) goes for US$2,399, so the latter is half the price of the former, at least in the US. Also, the Chord includes a headphone amp, and the Spring has no head amp or pre-amp. They're both DACs, but other than that, an apple vs. an orange, IMO.

This review compares the TT to several more similar DACs.

--David

You are absolutely correct, and I'm aware of the price difference.

I should been specific that I was seeking opinions on the dac features only, with no considerations for the price.

Looking forward your feedbacks!

(Out of curiosity, why does the Hugo doesn't appeal to you?)

Synology 1515+ --> micro rendu 1.3/LPS-1 --> Singxer KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> Holo Spring DAC KTE Level3 --> WA5 --> Focal Utopia, Mr Speaker Ether Flow C, ZMF Eikon

• 3 months later...
For those that may be in the market for DAC and considering a HoloAudio Spring Dac.

Chinese new year special begins now!

from Jan6th through Feb 12th we are running the only special on the HoloAudio Spring KTE (L3) dac all year....

As many know, 2017 our price increased. But we are doing a special for Chinese New Year.

We are offering the original price of 2399usd during this time. And our best deal is if you do a combo deal with the singxerSU1 - also free shipping on everything. We will refund the 100usd off your combo order after you place your order.

We will give 100usd off the combo price and give a free HDMi i2S 0.3M cable. (cable does not need to be added to your order, we will simply include one)

I wanted to share this with you and maybe you could post this on the thread if you'd like. I know many people would like to take advantage of this deal as it's a pretty good combo deal.

Prices will go back up after Feb12th.

Also the Level 1 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1599 free shipping

And the Level 2 is discounted now at 100off for the price of 1799 free shipping

If this post is inappropriate, i'll take it down immediately.

Hi, is there any special offer for one that already had the kte but would like to get the su1 from you?