IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

wow, i apologize for my poor spelling- typing long replies on my iphone is a bad idea. terrible auto correct or lack there of...

anyhow... i wanted to add... jeff zhu is designing a DSD only r2r dac module for those who love their hq player and want to do dsd native. it will not support any pcm. it will be an example that we indeed can do true native/direct dad over a r2r network. the price point that everyone will find quite fair. you wont have to spend thousands to experience an r2r direct native dsd dac with no pcm conversion like people assume. we find this will be an entry level product yet high performance dsd dac for those who need to see and experience dsd direct over an r2r network. For those who do not know... our company motto is "time will tell..." and we believe over time we will earn the trust and respect from our customers and they will see the prodicts we offwr are indeed excellent audio products that hold up to their claims and far surpass other products on the market with ease. we are building our brand image in the usa and open to suggestions and value our customer feedback.

Jeff is hard at work on this and any new updates will be posted as i hear about them. will it be as good as the spring dac? no, but it will be stellar performance that you can expect from holo audio.

Could you please ask Jeff if he is willing to do a PCM only R2R DAC module for users like myself, and many others that are PCM only, and have no need for DSD?

Thanks

Well, you're in luck. there will be a PCM only dac. and a DSD only dac. Both will have Two versions. One will be retail version that is ready to go and in a chassis (more info below). The other will be a DIY version that is open schematics and targeted to DIY crowd. Allowing some modifications of components even. :D

so this is absolutely fresh news for those of you in the market for budget. I believe these products will be VERY impressive. But they are budget based and will NOT have linear compensation like our Spring Dac. The are basically stripped down simply versions yet will sound incredibly good for their price point. We truly hope to see other manufacturers buy our dac modules and do away with the cheap off the shelf stuff so many companies are using. Our modules will be a major step up above the majority of the products on the market. :) These are scheduled to be available sometime this year ;)

SO, one more exciting announcement is a step above these products. We are working on the Sabertooth 2 and the Mammoth 2. These products will be our middle priced products that simply will kick ass imho. The sabertooth 2 will be PCM only dac that simply will be incredible at it's price point, it also will have a preamp and headamp built in. The Sabertooth 2 will have the above mentioned PCM only module, and these all will be R2R based with HoloAudio's own excellent implementation of R2R sound. I'm positive these will be a big hit. I've got some rendering of our final design and we are not too far from a finishing point. I'm incredibly excited to release these to the USA ASAP. The mammoth KTE edition we currently have is just damn impressive for an amp as is. We are simply taking this amp and doing a few facelifts more than anything. As it will be very similar, yet in a new chassis that allows for a silver trafo to be installed (KTE Mammoth 2 edition only) and the mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the HoloAudio brand image of the black/copper color chassis combo. This is our intent anyhow and hope everyone agrees on this. Also the Mammoth 2 and Sabertooth 2 will have the aluminum remote control that controls both units, which will stack on each other. The remote is very very cool for those who have not seen it. Everything functions incredibly well. We will have both Sabertooth and Mammoth at the Canjam Socal event, and who knows, if we are ahead of schedule we might even have the V2 models. Hopefully at the very least maybe some near finished sneak images.

so basically three new models coming soon!!! Mammoth2, Sabretooth2 and that evaluation board which can hold PCM module or DSD module.

i will post more information soon. :D

Wow, I did not expect this. Its a good surprise. I thought it was just DAC only like the spring. Would Jeff ever consider selling a DAC only version assembled in a chassis without a headphone amplifier? The reason why I ask is, because I have a Jotunheim already. If the built in headphone amplifier is better than the Jotunheim for around the same price, I might switch to the Sabertooth 2. Will the Sabertooth 2 have a 4 pin balanced out?

Thanks

• 10 months later...