IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

OK, I have a Sony BDP-S590, a usb formatted as fat32 with autoscript as follows:

#MTKAT 0.xx script
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)
CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

I can telnet to the player, finally but I'm prompted for password credentials, is this normal?

Any idea what they would be?

All help would GREATLY appreciated,

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong here. I own a Sony BDP-S590. I tried the Sonore ISO2DSP GUI that connects and provides .ISO files which will not write to dvd , error, states corrupt image file, i tried iso2dsd to create dsf or diff files, neither of these files play. So i to switched over to the telnet version of ripping and i receive the connection refused error. I was wondering if anyone here has successfully ripped sacd's using the sony bdp-s590 and if so, provide me the correct method to accomplish this, even better, provide detailed instructions. There seems to be various methods listed here, not sure which are best for the 590. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

On 6/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, stereo hifi said:

I have a BDP-BX59 which is the same player. What is the size of the ripped .ISO file? To extract the stereo content using ISO2DSD from the .ISO, you need to have Channel Mode set to Dual for stereo and the Output Mode set to Sony DSF. How are you trying to play the .DSF files? Both ISO and DSF will play using Foobar2000 on my PC.

First of all, thanks for all the replies.
I've tried this method, https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/28569-sacd-ripping-using-an-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true/?do=findComment&comment=959342 but it does not work for me, connection refused using ports 23 or 2002
As far as the iso goes, its a rip of Bryan Ferry Boys N Girls, 2.37 GB. I did not select dual, i was hoping for multi, does multi not rip correctly?
As far as play back goes, my Denon has always played dsd files, does not like diff, can you convert?
In the last few days my dune 4K media player has added/fixed diff/sacd capabilities, it's supposed to play sacd iso's as well.
So i can play diff files using the Dune now, have not tried an iso yet.
My questions now would be, is there any was to play back 5.1? Is this a ripping limitation or a playback limitation? Are ISO's better than individual files?  Sorry, i did not respond sooner, as with a lot of people, time is an issue, Any feedback is appreciated