IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Inspired by this thread I installed Windows-2016 in core mode.

After installing DDC Singxer F-1 driver I failed to install Foobar2000, at the end of installation a message pops up:

The Program can not start because DSOUND.dll  missing from your computer.

Right now I have AO 1.40 so can't use AO.

Please help me in this regard.
12 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello

This is expected behavior and you will see many more such errors without AO in Core Mode.

You need to run AO and say yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support", this will get rid of such application incompatibilities in Core Mode for you.

If you don't want to re-invent the wheel yourself there's not much you can do without AO 2.20 Beta 5.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your quick response. You know I have some issue with PayPal payment so can't upgrade right at the moment. But problem is now I am stuck up at the middle of nowhere, I thought Foobar will run in core mode without AO2.2. 

Now I have no way but to revert back to Win2012R2 core with AO1.4 and JPLAY.

Regards

Asimov

With the generous support from AudioPhil I am now playing Foobar2k in Core mode Win2016.

I started with AO 2.2B5 without installing the main AO 2.10.

But now I am facing problem importing folder in Media library of Foobar, Please see the screen shot.

Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

foo.png

3 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

For those heading to High-End 2017 in Munich please feel free to visit us at the SOtM Audio booth! :) We'll be on site from Thursday to Saturday afternoon.

2017-HighEnd_SOtM.png

See you there,

AudioPhil

Nice to see you participating in the BIG SHOW. Hope you will get a very positive feedback.

5 hours ago, bummer said:

@ Asimov,

I had exactly the same problem. I could solve it, because I had made a security-copy of all Foobar settings from 2012r2, which I had before (C:\Users\"current user"\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000). I simply copied my old settings into the respective folder of WS2016 after I had installed foobar - and voila- foobar accepted the path to the music-folder (same folder which I had before in my WS2012r2-settings).

Martin

You are so wise, Martin. I did not aware of the trick and now in trouble.

Thanks for sharing your trick.

In core mode of W2012R2 & Win2016 I am facing a problem for long and failed find any solution.

If I minimize Foobar2K I can't bring it back to front, and if I sign out without closing the Foobat2K it crashes.

Please let me know if anybody knows the solution.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

For the last couple of weeks I am switching between 2010, 2012 & 2016 (GUI & Core).

And finally I am settled on Win 2016 core mode. I am fully convinced that so far Win 2016 core is the best for SQ with AO 2.20 Beta5. Now it feels like I have changed a major component in my audio rig, lots of details retrieval with authoritative bass reproduction. Filters is now 1A, works fine in my system.
System: CAPS V4 with PPA V3 and HD Plex LPS > JB> Uptone Regen> Singxer F-1 DDC > EMM Labs DAC-2X> Hegel P-30 PreAmp > Lyngdrof RP-1 Digital Room Correction > Hegel H-30 Power amp > Dynaudio Sapphire + REL S2 x2 Sub.  Cables are Acoustic Zen Absolute. USB Cable- Acoustic Revive. Over the years I have changed and added lots of components in my rig but this software makes a real improvement which I could comprehend without any critical listening.    
Now the music is so beautiful and engaging I could immersed myself listening hours after hours without any listening fatigue. 
Thanks Phil for your continuous effort to make AO perfect and providing us with this nice upgrade.
And also thanks for bringing this high-end audio product without a high-end price tag ...... so nice of you.       

Now listening this album, WOW
Duke%27s_Big_4.jpg
13 minutes ago, alicenir said:

I tried to use server 2016 but wasnt able to install the network card. Which micro mother board is supported for server 2016?

I am using SuperMicro-X10SLH-F, the built-in network card installed automatically.

Just now, alicenir said:

thanks for your reply.

the MB you mentioned is supporting only i3 cpu according to what i have checked. i have i5 cpu, what cpu do you have installed?

I'm using Xeon v3 processor. 

Here is the details of CAPS V4 : https://www.computeraudiophile.com/index.php?app=cms&module=pages&controller=page&path=ca/ca-academy/computer-audiophile-pocket-server-c-a-p-s-v4-pipeline

Due to inbuilt IMPI this MB takes a while to boot up which I dislike as I do not use IPMI. 

2 minutes ago, alicenir said:

i will check, currently i have Gigabyte MB but it is only supports server 2012R2.

but i think i miss led you on the Info...windows server 2016 in GUI mode i can install the network card with no issues, but in core mode i couldn't...in server 2012r2 there is the option to switch between modes core and gui that MS took out in 2016 server edition because they are not thinking straight :)

this is my problem

I think AudioPhil and more knowledgeable inmate may help in this regard.

For installing driver in core mode or in GUI mode it needs to first run AO service tools to reset AO which will enable all services, then you try installing the drivers but you should uninstall the driver which is not working first then restart and install the driver. After installing all driver now run the AO. You may try this order, this works for me.

Installed Windows 2016 core with AO 5.2B5 + Foobar2K and working fine.

After JPlay-6.2 installed, ASIO:JPlay driver is not showing in Foobar2k output, it is showing all the output device namely ASIO:XMOS USB, KS, WASAPI & DS except ASIO:JPlay.

But JPlay mini is playing fine.

Tried installing and reinstalling Singxer F-1 Driver and JPlay but no luck. JPlay mini is working but no JPlay ASIO output in Foobar2K.

Anybody having this problem with Foobar & JPlay in Win2016 Core mode?

Please shed some light in this issue.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

WiFi connection Problem

Hi All

My server (Win 2016 Core +AO2.2B5) connected to WiFi router through LAN port and I control it through Remote Desk Top connection. Now I have removed the LAN cable and connected a TPLink USB WiFi adapter for connecting the server remotely. I have installed the TPLink USB adapter driver and its is working fine and also activated Wireless LAN support through service tool.

Now I need to enter  network security key to connect the wifi router.

"netsh wlan show profiles" command is not working.

Now how to enter the password for the wifi router?

And I am not sure if the WIFI is running in the server.

Please shed some light.

Thanks

1 minute ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Asimov

Wifi is not possible in Core Mode. It is  possible in GUI and back in the lld days of 2012 R2 also in Minimal-Server Mode, but never in core Mode

Oh! Then have to live with the old method.

Hope someday you will find a way.

Is it possible for you to make a short command like "AO"/ "ST" for shut down and restarting the PC .... give it a thought, please. 

Anyway thanks for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 11:51 PM, Lukasluis said:

I coded bat files and saved it in the AO folder to shutdown or restart the pc.

SR.bat contains

shutdown -r -t 0

SD.bat contains

shutdown -p -t 0

It works but need this:

shutdown -s -t 0

Thanks a lot.