IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

On 26-1-2018 at 10:34 AM, AudioPhil said:

AO 2.20 Beta 6 is ready for download. Please have a quick look at the change log:

Version 2.20 Beta 6
===========================================================================================

Thanks. Although I really enjoyed W2012 Core / KS I must say that WASAPI is again a major step forward, especially the details and pureness of mid ranges are awsome.

I did not yet read a lot about experiences of folks moving from KS to WASAPI.. Anyone?

A BIG thank you Phil!

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

In 2017 AO 2.20 should have been released, but due to personal reasons it was not possible to release a major upgrade so i promissed the community that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade (what never happened so far). Since i promised that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade, it will be handled exactly as promised. But for thos who want and like i made it possible to give a donation. In fact AO 2.20 is the most complex upgrade ever, and no update in the history of AO generated so much work. That's why i feel it is absolutely OK to accept donations.

Best,

AudioPhil

Phil, I would say donations are more appropriate for showing appreciation for free software. Probably that’s why they don’t come spontaneously to you, also because you used “free upgrade” as a selling point. It would have been better to offer the W2016 / WASAPI functionality as an upgrade, great value for the money and many people would go for it.

Anyway I really do appreciate what you are doing for this community. So instead of charity I’ll transfer the amount of a product upgrade to you because it really is a major upgrade. Thanks!
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Phil, a happy listener's experiences:

OS: windows server standard 2016 gui (controlpc) and 2019 core (audiopc)
DAC/DDC: PS Audio Directstream = USB connected
Driver/Version: USB ver 1.61
Need to press F8: No
Player: 2PC JPLAYfemto
KS working: YES
WASAPI working: YES (!!!!)
Needed HD Audio Driver: installed but not sure if it was necessary

Thank you!!

Hi Phil, fully agree with the enthusiasm about SQ mentioned above.

I started with 2019 GUI on my Audio PC ( Femto, PS Audio DSD dac), was impressed, then moved to 2019 Core and was twice as impressed: I can hear the air between the cello strings...

With 2.20 I preferred KS, now WASAPI is a clear winner. 2019 Core & AO 3 is a golden combination.

When 3 GA is available I will upgrade my Control PC.

Thanks... and please continue dreaming, imagining and surprising us!

• 4 weeks later...