IGNORED

Best way to generate FLAC copy of medium size AIFF library?

As suggested in post #5, XLD will do the job, and keep the folder structure and metadata. However, I think with a library that big, you'll want to copy the transcoded FLAC files to a separate HD or partition--you'll need about 1TB--without amending or altering the original folder.

Also, you can't batch convert all 2000 albums at once--the app will choke. You can comfortably process 20-30 albums at a time, so you'll still have to sit in front of the computer for some hours, but it's just clicking and dragging with the mouse.

If you are working on a copy of your files (strongly recommended!), check the "Delete original files after successful conversion" box in XLD to automatically delete the aiff files after conversion.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

What both of these suggestions seem to do is rename the files but not create folders..the screen shot shows the before ( with all the track information ) and the after ( with not so much. My first attempt with ZLD just named all the files with the exact words of the format I typed in rather than using the content . The second one was attempting to use the format shortcuts from XLD in a dropdown menu that is only available for two milliseconds .The Mp3Tag suggestion processed the files fairly quickly saying it was renaming them but clearly didnt and just locked up at the end. Dont know why because Mp3Tag managed to re-order the original tags very efficiently. Maybe the problem is that there is no folder structure for the FLAC files at the moment so keeping it isnt an issue...Music BrainZ was able to impose a folder structure but very slowly. Is there a problem with how I am naming the files or is there a second step to move labelled files into folders, assuming the labelling is correct?/Users/diw/Desktop/flac 1.tiff/Users/diw/Desktop/flac 1.jpg

Not sure if these images are added.....

Sorry I assumed that you were going to be starting from scratch with a bunch of folders containing AIFF files and wanted to create a bunch of folders folders containing FLAC files. Sounds like you are trying to fix a mess made by dbPoweramp. Not sure how to do this.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull