IGNORED

Maybe spending stupid amounts of money on power cords isn't entirely harmless

I've been to these demos myself. And now that I'm catching up to all this, I do think Waldrop is being extremely unfair. First of all, some guy claims the preamp volume was increased. Waldrop confesses that he didn't see any. Then he felt the volume is louder but he didn't measure it and he assumed that Nordost is playing tricks with the tracks. That's the most unscientific thing I've ever heard yet people are saying Nordost's inability to A/B the system is unscientific. I see double standards here. I don't know legally whether what Waldrop says deserve a cease and desist letter, probably not. But let's not all pretend that Waldop is a saint using scientific method to expose fraud. If Nordost didn't play any tricks, which was the case on 3 different demos I've seen, is Waldrop willing to admit that the expensive power cable made a difference. Or that his hearing is deficient that he heard the more expensive cable sounds louder but in fact, he was wrong and there was truly no difference.

Wgscott, I'll try to stay out of the whether power cables sound different debate. But the issue here is not that. The main issue is Waldrop hypothesizes that Nordost was changing the track volume when doing the cable demos. That's completely unsubstantiated and was not my experience on 3 different demos. What Waldrop says would be as inappropriate and as inflammatory as me saying that I speculate Wgscott started this post because he privately sells a different brand of power cables or owns the stock power cable industry or something equally speculative and presumably preposterous.

It is not physically impossible that I am selling a competing power cord. It is physically impossible that a power cord increases the volume.

I think we agree on that point. So are you telling us that Waldrop's hearing is deficient? And that we should ignore his comments? Because if you and Waldrop are going to speculate that Nordost played some trick to change volumes when switching power cables, does that legitimize us to speculate you sell competing power cords? You can't have your cake and eat it too...