IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

I've ordered a MicroRendu but am uncertain as to the best way to connect it via Ethernet.

I have a 3 TB LaCie Drive connected by Thunderbolt cable to my Macbook Pro (with Roon installed) which connects via USB to my Berkeley Alpha then Reference. A simple system with 2 Lacie backups that works very well, but I want the better sound quality of the MicroRendu.

What is the best way for me to install the ethernet connection for the MicroRendu?

Do I simply install a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter (which may degrade sound quality), switch to a hard drive with ethernet output or bite the bullet and install a NAS?

I do not anticipate ever needing more than 2-3 TBs. IF NAS is the best way to go, any recommendations as to a NAS that would sound best?

Thanks, Merek

Hi Merek - Not totally sure what your question is, but I've use a MacBook Pro with Thinderbolt Ethernet adapter to send audio from Roon to the microRendu to Alpha USB to RS.

Can an you just connect the microRendu to Ethernet and use the adapter for your computer? There's no reduction on sound quality with that thunderbolt adapter.

Thanks Chris. Very helpful.