IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

Sorry for the newbie question, but is there a way to use the Micro Rendu without a router? Mine is 50 feet away from my stereo, and there's no way to run ethernet that far. I'd love to simply connect a hard drive with my music on it.

Ethernet over power. If you have a router in your computer room, you can connect Ethernet to another location in the home via the house wiring. I do this with my entertainment system which is in the living room, while my router is across the house in the office. I also use a set of modules to monitor my solar PV system. Several companies make the modules.....I am using Linksys PLEK 500 and an 8-port gigabit switch for the Entertainment Center.

ordered my microRendu too...

@mlknez

I have a home network running a lot of components. 20Mbps is about what I can count on reliability to any remote point in my network. I am probably a tad overloaded, but it meets my needs. I hope home network performance gets more robust in the future. The Exasounds look very nice though.....I looked at those prior to focusing on the microRendu.

Mine has been running most of 3 days and it gets barely warm to touch.

Power is at 8.3v.