IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Now I've tried out 2.4 and the distortions are still there. Lasts about a second each time and sounds like … a stuttering sort of sound. I've had this problem the last couple of months. Sometimes I can listen for hours without any issues. Other times it happens 10–30 times per album. I have no issues with other audio software. Using an earlier version of Audirvana Plus doesn't help, so maybe it started happening after one of the later Yosemite updates. I haven't done a clean install of OS X in a very, very long time, though. (If I did, it would take me at least a week of hard work to set everything up again :(, but maybe I'll get around to it some day …)

why don't you try a minimalist OS X on SD card ?

with Audirvana installed on it.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

• 2 weeks later...
Importing Playlists.

I am observing that if I make any external changes to my library, I can no longer import M3U playlists. The message is that NN tracks have not been found in the library... (FLAC, MP3, AAC ... not in iTunes, but stand-alone).

The only work-around I've discovered is to completely remove my watched folders, emptying the library, re-adding the same folders and than after scanning completes, the playlists will import without issues.

This happens every time I want to add a new ripped CD, which I've added to an M3U I've created with Vox (I use this same library and playlists with an MPD player). Yes, I know I could manage these playlists in A+, but I am puzzled why deleting and re-importing fails whenever my library changes.

may be you can read those playlists with text editor (make a save before) and see what happens.

if there is something wrong in the repertory of files (for ex /Volumes/Library/Music/etc) you can edit with the very usefull function "search and replace"

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

May be it's possible.

but the iPad volume button is very small and not usefull in my opinion.

i allways use the small physical apple remote.

not to adjust volume (allways at 100% like many of us), only to make play/pause.

The volume management is better on amplifier - to my ears.

Suggestion : find an universal remote > play /pause learn from Apple physical remote and volume learn from remote of your amplifier