IGNORED

wtfplay

sligolad

Simple to get going, simple to use and encouraging on first listen. Many thanks Pearse, and the development team, whoever you are (someone on Tirna Hifi perchance?)

Mark

He is on various forums and not from Ireland but living in Ireland and is also on tirnahifi.

A variety of people on tirnahifi did beta testing but I think Fryderck had others on different forums also but that you will have to ask him that yourself

• 1 year later...

As outlined by Pearse(Sligolad) the new version of WTFP is another big leap. Fryderck keeps working away on this incrementally improving it all the time.

As outlined by Pearse above Norton working on the power supply brings big improvements. Really you have to decide how far you want to go and if you have the skills required for some of the more difficult stuff. Try the tirnahifi forum and specifically the computer audio section. Tons of info there but maybe hard to get through it all!

If you can at least get pico supply for your PC and try and incorporate linear supply and better still batteries(lifepo4).    Paul Pang use to do mobo's with outboard clocks but I think he has stopped it now probably due to mobo failures. I had a board with two outboard clocks done by Nige2000 but it is sick at the moment! Hopefully not terminally.  I think though with WTFP if you can get as far as picoless with linear you will be most of the way there in terms of power supply. Don't forget Intona or JKRegen for the USB. 

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, serendipitydawg said:

Fryderck is alive and well. Sure he is only a young fella!   He is very busy in 'real' life issues. Job, home etc.  hence he has had very little time to spend on development over the last while.  I am sure if he gets free time he might implement some more work on WTFPLAY. But it is fairly well developed as is. Don't forget he spent I think nearly three years on and off working on this.  

On the home forum we have met up very infrequently this year and Fryderck didn't get to hear the comparison between computer and sd player when we did actually meet up. That might influence him!