IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

My DAC(mytek DSD 192 with 1.8.3 firmware) could not recognized by Microrendu after the firmere 2.3 upgrade. And the time to get into "Manage" page is extremely long compared to before. It looks like the clock could not be locked on USB2. Any resolution or suggestion that I can do?

Thanks!

Update Notice:

Over the next 24 hours your units should display in Software Manager that a new version 2.3 is available for update. If you can't wait you can power cycle the unit and the new vision should appear right away. This update is not reversible.

New to version 2.3:

1. We have updated to the latest version of Logitech Media Server (LMS) running on the unit.

2. SqueezeLite now supports native DSD. Both .DFF and .DSF are supported up to DSD256. This update also supports native DSD to the Amanero USB interface (beta feature) found on DIY DACs and on some Lampizator DACs. From Settings / SqueezeLite there is a new DSD dropdown menu where you can select: None, DoP, Native DSD, and Native DSD (Amanero). In order to stream native DSD you will need a version of LMS that also supports native DSD. LMS on the sonicTransporter, SonicOrbiter SE, and a second microRendu supports native DSD streaming to SqueezeLite. For your convenience we will start to offer a combo deal (microRendu / sonicTransporter / iFi) right on the microRendu product page.

3. RoonReady has been upgraded to the latest per a request Roon Labs. Also, we have improved the post update process based on feedback from customers.

4. The Linux Kernel for the unit has been updated to add support for additional devices that support native DSD. The complete list of supported devices is found here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-native-direct-stream-digital-support-27418/

Please follow this update procedure if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices. Failure to allow this step to complete could brick your unit. Do not attempt this update on an unstable network. Sonore is not responsible if you brick your unit, but we can help you recover from it.

4. Power cycle your unit.

5. Optional - When the unit boots up if you are having issues go to Settings and from the configuration page look things over and press Save.

Enjoy!

The USB 1.0 on mytek 192 does not work neither. The DAC locked and play as it would on USB 1.0. But no sound output from the DAC. Can I return back to 2.2 so at least I can listen.

There is a mismatch on one file for it's driver. I have isolated the issue and we just need to rebuild the driver and test things. It's going to take a little while longer. Please use the USB 1.0 input in the mean time.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah! That's true rebooting sometimes can be fussy on some uRendu. I have three uRendu and it is not easy for firmware upgrade when DAC is Mytek stuff. Unplug does not seem to help but thank you for the advice anyway.

I will contact Juses tomorrow. Just found his email contact in my home laptop.

I'm not Jesus but you might need to pull the plug, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in.

Some units are a bit temperamental when it comes to rebooting.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, vortecjr said:

My Roon Core can not find the mR after reinstallation of the Roon Ready to version 1.1.36. The Roon Ready Diagnostic shown Error 500 Service unavailable but DAC Diagnostic appeared the mR talks to DAC just fine. Anyone with the Roon Ready version 1.1.36 still working fine with Roon Core?

On 7/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, vortecjr said:

Try this in order:

1. Update the Rendu from Apps / Software manager, wait for the Back to Main Menu Link to appear.

2. Remove the power cable from the Rendu and the USB Device.

3. Connect the power cable to the USB Device and power it on.

4. Connect the power cable to the Rendu.

5. On the Rendu go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and confirm the USB Device is present.

6. On the Rendu go to Settings / Roon Ready and press Save.

7. Go to Roon / Settings / Audio and enable the Rendu.

8. In Roon select the Rendu for playback.