IGNORED

Aurender x100L vs N100H

I recently acquired a like new 220v 2Tb N100h cheap. (Well a lot cheaper than a new one).  Took some research but I converted it to 110v pretty easily. (Just a few wiring changes to the dual voltage transformer)

Since the the system is Linux based upgrades aren’t as easy as conventional PCs but these are nothing more than custom designed PCs. 

Upgraded 2Tb internal HD to a 4Tb Barracuda notebook HD. Actual storage is showing 3.6 Tb but it’s more than sufficient for my needs. The 2TB units seem to have there 2nd HD connection omitted so you need to increase the size of the HD versus adding a second drive. 

Upgraded internal SATA SSD which holds operating software and functions as playback cache from 120gb to slightly faster and larger 250gb Samsung SATA SSD. 

Everything works perfect but you do need some freeware Linux tools to clone and partition the HD and SSD correctly. 

The wiring change to convert the unit from 220v to 110v is easy. The N100h has a dual voltage transformer. Almost every picture I’ve found on the internet actually shows 220v transformer wiring configuration. From the back looking forward the transformer wiring from the plug is as follows:  If your initial configuration doesn’t match below stop and don’t try this. I’m not responsible if it goes wrong. 

For 220v

Position 1 Black
Position 2 bridge Red to position 3
Position 3 bridge Red from position 2
Position 4 White

For 110-115 US voltage
Position 1 empty
Position 2 Black
Position 3 empty
Position 4 White

To increase the size of the SATA SSD you need to clone the original SSD with a LINUX based partition/disk cloner. The cache SSD is partitioned into several sections. The Linux boot loader and operating system has its own partition separate from the music cache partition. You need to clone proportionally block by block. This will increase the size of each partition but the largest partition is used for music playback. 

Same with changing the hard drive. Must be configured as a Linux hard drive which is different from MAC or Windows configurations. I deleted all but a few songs from mine before I cloned mine just to speed up the process. It too some trial and error to get the configuration right. Then copied the music back over. Running a 4tb barracuda drive now. 

Its not easy, I already had usb external drive mounts for disk cloning but needed to purchase SATA SSD to SATA adapters to mount and clone the SATA SSD. SATA SSD is not M2 SSD. They have different pin outs. 

Other than the voltage change you may you may just want to leave things alone. If you really need more storage the units support external NAS via USB.