IGNORED

Neuhaus Laboratories T-2 Tube Amp/DAC

Looks cool ,but reading the specs make it look like Mid Fi at best.

16/44 via USB. Frequency response via hedphone output 40 -15000 not impressive at all!

Wouldn´t surprise me if my macbook pro sounds better feeding a good headphone amp via spdif straight out.

Anyway I am going to enjoy some very impressive masterfiles from 2L today via the Minerva ,much much more expensive yes.

But true reference standard!

I have been going on this site for about a month now and decided to finally register when I read this topic. I bought the T-2 amp from Neuhaus Labs about three weeks ago. Now I am not a total audiophile but this amp to me sounds great. Another member said the specs weren't that great, but from what I know iTunes and USB DAC's are 16/44. I just plug by Mac to the USB the computer automatically reads it. I play my iTunes songs through the amp and it sounds fantastic. And by the way I have Grado headphones and they sound better than it ever did on my Rotel 5-1 receiver. HD Tracks songs are out of this world. Neuhaus even e-mailed me after the purchase to make sure all was well.

I just saw this amp in rolling stone magazine and did a google search to see what others thought. The magazine gave the amp an "excellent" rating but it's good to see actual owners having positive opinions. I've always been a fan of the sound of tube amps, so this seems like a good solution for me in my office set-up. I use songbird for my music collection and I guess I would be using the optical out of my mac for the input and a pair of Epos ELS-3 for speakers. I may go ahead and make the purchase since they do offer free returns. Anyone tried a similar set-up w/ the neuhaus amp?

Jimmy Page said... "The amp has two DAC's one for USB and the other for Toslink. When I hook up Toslink on my Mac I can change on MIDI the bit rate. Both inputs sound very good. On Songbird I mainly use the Toslink connection."

Not sure about your comment about two DACs, but the TOSLink connection can ALWAYS be changed in Audio Midi as when you connect this way, the Mac has no idea what the capabilities of the DAC which is attached to the TOSLink port.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.