IGNORED

New Year: My Best Advice In Regards To Audio is...

If you buy something, take at least 6 months before you upgrade it.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Take a break from this forum and enjoy life or listen to music.

Not quite but almost...

Image3.jpg

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

When buying new (to you) components, do your research, narrow it down, and look hard at the used market. Audiophiles are always selling barely broken in gear, use that to your advantage.

Please don't "do your research" by visiting dealers and using their demo facilities when you have no intention of purchasing (unless you let them know you likely will not buy through them and they are happy).

Support and encourage your dealer to stay in business, otherwise when you need them they will no longer by there!

Eloise

---

Dealers: Please stop trying to sell us, overrated, overpriced gear and expensive cables that often don't live up to the hype.

Be honest with your customers, we're not all wealthy and probably won't get another shot at buying a decent system for a few years(if ever). However, if we're happy with our purchase we'll recommend you to others or better still, others will see/hear our systems, be pleasantly surprised that it didn't cost a fortune and want to get into hifi.

Yes I agree it works both ways ... though I find these days its the dealers who provide such service who are still in business (though your milage may vary).

Eloise

---

I agree and still own a lowly SB Touch despite what many say. After having owned/sold an A/V receiver years ago I have recently began pondering if it might be possible to enjoy good stereo (music) AND the convenience of an A/V receiver's DSP function. In other words - are there any musically satisfying A/V receivers out there that don't cost the price of a Ferrari?

Arcam ... Especially now they have added DIRAC

Eloise

---

• 3 weeks later...
You know, I've got to give the person who came-up with this one credit. He is selling stream-polished pebbles, something that costs him, ostensibly, nothing, for from $39 to $160 (depending on size) and such is the disease "audiophilia nervosa" that many people will buy into this and swear that these pebbles have made all the difference in the sound of their system! Why, just imagine what a concert hall full of these pebbles would do for the sound of a full symphony orchestra! I wish I'd thought of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23692[/ATTACH]

There's no doubt that this will work! This solution will probably make a bigger improvement than purchasing a new mega-buck amplifier! The way it works is that by Scotch-taping the pebbles to the interconnects, the pebbles realign and control the flow of electrons through the wire in the same way that these same pebbles control the flow of water in the stream bed from which they came. A very sound scientific principle!

Does it have to be scotch tape? What about masking tape? Maybe sellotape would sound better?

Eloise

---