IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

My experience is similar to some others above. I had it working straight out of the box with the supplied PSU in a couple of minutes. I had not expected great things and initially it was not impressive. I used two USB cables that I had. Over the 10 hours that I have had it going it has definitely blossomed. I tried it in variety of combinations with AQ jitterbugs and an Ifi filter. I settled on The Ifi at the DAC and one AQ jitterbug at the server. I am using a Telos cable from server to RUR and Curious Cable from the RUR to DAC.

My server is Antipodes DX and the DAC is Soulution 541. Until now a CD played in the 541 was marginally better than the same file from the DX. Now I consider that the file from the DX is slightly better which is interesting. It is all about the silence. I am so impressed with the RUR that I am gong to order a LPSU tomorrow to experience if there is further improvement.

John

• 1 year later...

I have and still use an Intona.  I did have a W4S but sold it and I have tried a Regen.  I tried them separately and in combination.  All three of these devices did make a difference.  However not every difference is beneficial.  For me, only the Intona provided a benefit.  Of course the experience of others may be different depending upon specific situations.

John

7 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

Hi John,

Thanks for your comment. The Intona and probably all others could be system specific. Did you try the ISO Regen ? And used the LPS they have ?  W4S also benefits much from LPS I heard.

Adrian

HI Adrian,

I have not tried the ISO Regen.  I am aware of its existence but not in a hurry to get one.  When I had the W4S I also had a purpose built LPS.  At the moment the chain is Antipodes DX Server, Intona and then Berkeley Alpha USB to the DAC.  For me that is probably enough.

John