IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I have been using the Intone 3.0 in my system for a while and since y'day it stopped working, meaning, the computer won't detect the dac if it goes through the Intona. When the dac is directly connected to the laptop, it works like a charm. I tried to test all my usb cables, and it was always the same result, so I ruled out the cables as the source of the problem. anyone could help me out on this with a good advice? This little thing makes a nice difference in my system and I intend to keep using it. Thank you

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

Yes, it is the new 3.0 version

39 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Which Intona do you have? The newer gen?

I have never used a power supply before and it worked perfectly until y'day.Just tried it with an external power supply and HQPlayer still can't see the dac via the Intona. Damn! what could happen?

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

Thanks for the advice. I use XMOS usb connection as I have a Woo WA8 Eclipse DAC/amp. I have read that XMOS sometimes does not play well with the Intona USB 3.0 and I might need a firmware upgrade? Do I need to send it back to Germany for the update, really?

I have been trying to connect/disconnent the dac to see if it helps, but nothing so far! :(

Yup, it might be, but I don't get why it worked before without a glitch and all of a sudden nothing? I'm puzzled by this.

well, I have an update regarding my quandary with the Intona: I also have an ancient Fiio X3 player that can be used as an external DAC connected to my laptop. I have just installed the pertaining driver onto my computer and the little Fiio worked flawlessly. When I inserted the Intona no signal was going through and the laptop could not detect the DAC but the dac was getting charged, ergo, electricity indeed goes through the Intona.