IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I have placed a Bybee Signal Enhancer underneath the Intona and a project case filled with steel BB shot on top of it. Very nice improvement.

You guys are all nuts :) and I say that with much affection. I totally get a kick out of reading about all your trials and tribulations with widgets and widget tweaks. I wish I had the energy and will (and money) to partake.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

• 1 month later...
also schitt say that only their own power supply can be used with the dac?

Most manufacturers make that statement which is completely understandable. But that does not stop us from experimenting at our own risk. I use a Channel Island VAC-1 with my Modi MB and it is fine, granted overkill.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Can you confirm the intona works well with the modi multibit. the reason i ask is that i read a post which states a requirement of the dac's power supply is to also be galvanically isolated when using the intona. this is a problem as i do not want to change the psu of my dac due to the manufacturer saying so and as a newcomer to this area. thanks photonman

No, I cannot as I do not have an Intona (would love to try one) but I did have a REGEN. But what I do is to use use my Teradak U9 LPS to supply the 5V to the USB which takes care of the clean power to the USB but nothing in regards to what the REGEN and Intona are doing with the data.