IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

look man, this whole USB fixer thing is a fad. 99% of dacs now adays are ASYNCHRONOUS, meaning the incoming data clock is irrelevant. the power and ground can be an issue for sure, which is something the intona solves as there is no easy form galvanic isolation for usb2.0

Whats next in line? we are going to have line level signal reclockers when going into an amp? what about a reclocker after coming out from the amp? This stuff is just silly audiophool stuff. This usb fad will pass soon enough

what you are hearing when you put the regen in your system is confirmation bios and group think.

Why the expletives?

Apparently you are just guessing. The USB bus clock and the DAC clock are two different things. See: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/distortion-time-domain-digital-sound-signal-human-hearing-very-sensitive-jitter-problem-27870/index2.html#post520621

Did you ever try the Regen or RUR yourself? I have learned to not alone trust measurements and let my ears do the final judgement. I my system the Regen, powered by a good LPS makes quite a difference.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

• 4 weeks later...
Not arguing that point either...especially if one is heavily invested and will lose their shorts in resell, added to the fact all their music is PCM. Again, i am just talking what has better audio quality. I am not saying who will buy in, or which is popular. I am just saying that if someone wants the best possible today, money and bias aside, that properly recorded and played 512K DSD will sound MUCH better than properly recorded and played 192K PCM.

Although i wouldn't believe anyone that said differently, I am curious though, what is the opinion of the major manufacturers of highend dacs that sell both PCM and DSD dacs? Which do they say is better?

DAC manufactures only introduced DSD because there is a market and their goal is to make money. Technically DSD is inferior to PCM. Things get smeared. But it is no wonder it is loved by 'analog people'. In the analog era, smeared playback was the norm. It probably will take one or two generations of audiophiles before this phenomenon cures itself. There are manufactures that don't bow to market forces. Berkeley Audio Design for example.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz