IGNORED

NUC with NAS

Hello all

I got a Intel i7NUC and a Qnap 471 NAS. I want to use th USB from the NUC to the DAC which is for Music and I want to also to use it for movies so I would like to use the display port and go into the processor for that. Is that the correct way to go about.

I am going to use Roon for my music.

Thanks

Take care

for music you can use USB output to DAC, you can set that in Roon. For movies you can install KODI (ex XBMC) and use displayport, or hdmi depends what version of NUC you have. If you use displayport, than you must get sound out over USB to DAC too, because displayport doesnt transfer sound, but hdmi does. What is NUC model, there are two...?

If you use displayport, than you must get sound out over USB to DAC too, because displayport doesnt transfer sound, but hdmi does. What is NUC model, there are two...?

That isn't correct.

DisplayPort can carry sound (just like HDMI) but not all implementations of DisplayPort include sound, and not all DisplayPort to HDMI converters support sound.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.