IGNORED

PlayClassics master file giveaway for CA members

May be we can make this more dynamic...

The OP said "Just send us a PM with the album of your choice" but if you send us a PM then other people cannot see what is going on.

Wouldn't it be better to post your choices directly on the thread so everybody can see what everybody else is getting? I would still be sending you the codes on a PM.

Please go ahead and pick your album: so far we have given out 35 codes. 16 for Albéniz Iberia. 9 for Cabrera plays Debussy. 7 for Debussy Préludes. 2 for Chopin Polish Songs and 1 for Songs of Paolo Tosti.

OK, I'll bite - "Iberia" for me, too. Thanks!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Hi Jonathan,

Here is why:

The Truthful Masters do not have any dynamic range compression. They do have a little less volume but they have the full dynamic range of the performance and the pure sound of the take.

We also offer Normalized MP3 files. These MP3 files do sound as loud as you would expect but they do have a little bit of dynamic range compression.

We offer both files for this particular reason.

The Truthful Masters are best for critical listening on audiophile systems. You may have to bring up the level 7dB or 8dB more than usual but you will get the sound as pure as it gets.

The MP3 files are a trade off, you can enjoy them on small systems or louder environments but they do have the drawbacks of dynamic range compression.

I like this philosophy! Looking forward to more releases :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system