IGNORED

AIFF conversion with dbPoweramp

Hi Chris. I have a question about AIFF conversion. I've ripped cd's with dbPoweramp via two different routes. One, I open dbPoweramp by double clicking the icon on my desktop. Using this method, I have to name the file at the destination drive and then give names to each ripped file on album. This method typically takes around 20 minutes to complete the rip.

The second method; when I put the cd in the computer, the autoplay asks what I would like to do with the disk and I use the option "rip cd with dbPoweramp". This is a much more elaborate setup procedure where I get album artwork and all the file naming is done by dbPoweramp. Once I hit "rip", it does the job in about 4 and a half minutes.

Is there a difference between the two methods? Any reported sound quality advantages? Both methods rip the CD to AIFF. For whatever it's worth, it seems as though the longer of the two methods would do a more thorough job. Just a guess.

Thanks,

Renerator

Oyen Digital Mini-Pro 1TB HDD->Wireworld Starlight USB cable->Auraliti PK90->W4Sound USB cable>SOtM dx-USB HD USB to SPDIF Conv.-> Black Cat SilverStar 75 digital cable->Wyred4Sound Dac2->Cardas Quadlink XLR balanced cables->Anthem 225 integrated amp->Straightwire Rhapsody S->PSB Imagine T speakers