IGNORED

Amarra sQ+ with iRC Present and Future

Hello this is my first post on this forum, I'm from Sweden and my English is not the best. But i'll try my best.

I also have problems with the quality of the updated SQ+ with iRC.

When i'm listening to Spotify thru SQ+ and iRC enabled the sound is just wierd, it sounds as if some part of the music is in mono and the soundstage is just too big. I also get a balance problem, the gain on left channel is much higher.

It's nice with a big soundstage but not this big.

I first found out this when i listened to a track with Captain Hook called Alternate Universe, that track has some parts with the sound going from left to right to left to right an so on. With iRC enabeled it dont go from left to right, it sounds from both channels at the same time and half of the sounds get lost, it just sounds as it would be recorded in mono.

If I'm listening to the same track in iTunes thru Amarra Symphony with iRC enabeled there is no problem, it just sounds great.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, i'm using the same filters that i'm using with Amarra Symphony and iRC.

But i got the feeling that this program is'nt finished yet.

Sorry you're having issues with Amarra sQ+ with IRC. From your description of the mono sound, we did have a build out that had that problem. Please download and install Amarra sQ+ from the link below. Ensure you use this copy and not an earlier version of the installer:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2244.zip

Give this a try and if you have further problems, please write directly to us at [email protected].

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hello Håkan,

The threads I have started are intended to be a resource for the members and a channel of communication to the creators who benefit from our feedback. And, hopefully, the presence of new and innovative products inspire a healthy competitive edge to making it right. I believe AsQ+ will get sorted out. For those of us who care to stay in it, the rewards will come. I demonstrate my gratitude by giving back in the ways that I can to help the creators help us.

Hoping the next build to come forward will improve on AsQ+ specifically as we have identified what is needed. It can take a while to reach that level of performance where the downsides are minimal or none at all. Clearly, they're not there yet.

Sonic Studio doesn't need to read minds, we're providing high quality feedback.

Best,

Richard

We appreciate all your feedback, it helps to continue to make our products better. I wanted to just provide an update that we are hard at work on a remote for Amarra sQ+ and expect to have it available in early October. An image of the EQ window on an iPhone is below:

AmarraRemote_EQ.PNG

Updated information can always be found at our News page at:

Amarra News & Reviews

If you need specific technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

• 1 month later...
I have a strange problem with SQ+. When I activate the Irc option, the right speaker sounds much more clear and loud than the left speaker. I have opened a ticket on Amarra suport, the answer is:

"we are aware of this problem we wil fix it to day or tomorrow"

Now with new release the problem is still there.

I have try Dirac and this is working amazing with Roon, to bad I have spend so much money on the SS Irc.....

Hi deeejeeee,

Sorry you're still having some issues with Amarra sQ+ and iRC. I would recommend doing the following to ensure we have a clean slate.

- Quit Amarra sQ+

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Delete Amarra sQ+ Preferences.app'

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Uninstall Amarra sQ+'

Download and run the new installer from the link below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2255.zip

- Launch Amarra sQ+ and click on the REACTIVATE button to re-activate Amarra sQ+. You'll need your current code, email and password and will be asked to create a new password as part of the process

- From the Settings window, select 'Enable iRC Room correction'

- Quit and re-launch Amarra sQ+, you should see the iRC filter bank on the EQ window.

- Load your filters and give it a try.

- If still having issues, in IRC Measure.app, load your project and create a new filter. See if that resolves the issue.

Let us know, the best way is to write to [email protected]

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Dear All,

Amarra Support posted at the Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future about both A4T and AsQ+. You may want to visit that thread a read their post. Not sure what stopped them from also posting at this thread. But I thanked them for responding. I can cease my rant now and hopefully the solution is around the corner for both programs. They are demoing the remote app at RMAF so that will be a boon for us when they officially release the remote app, especially if it works (smile).

Best,

Richard

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, we appreciate your patience. I'd like to provide the links to use to download the updated versions of both Amarra for TIDAL and Amarra sQ+ that should resolve the iRC issues you've been experiencing.

Amarra sQ+ build 2256

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2256.zip

Amarra for TIDAL build 1155

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release.1155.zip

Users should be able to download and launch the appropriate installer, re-licensing should be automatic.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but you'll need to re-measure your room and re-create your filters. Please ensure you are using IRC Measure.app version 1.0.4 to measure your room. A link to IRC Measure.app can be found below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/iRC_Measure_1.04.zip

If you have any questions, please let us know and please report if you run into any issues.

best

Ralph

Best regards,