IGNORED

Amarra sQ+ with iRC Present and Future

Is it just me or Tidal sound quality thru SQ+2.2 went down the drain compared with the previous version? Now I prefer bypassing Amarra Sq+...

Hello this is my first post on this forum, I'm from Sweden and my English is not the best. But i'll try my best.

I also have problems with the quality of the updated SQ+ with iRC.

When i'm listening to Spotify thru SQ+ and iRC enabled the sound is just wierd, it sounds as if some part of the music is in mono and the soundstage is just too big. I also get a balance problem, the gain on left channel is much higher.

It's nice with a big soundstage but not this big.

I first found out this when i listened to a track with Captain Hook called Alternate Universe, that track has some parts with the sound going from left to right to left to right an so on. With iRC enabeled it dont go from left to right, it sounds from both channels at the same time and half of the sounds get lost, it just sounds as it would be recorded in mono.

If I'm listening to the same track in iTunes thru Amarra Symphony with iRC enabeled there is no problem, it just sounds great.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, i'm using the same filters that i'm using with Amarra Symphony and iRC.

But i got the feeling that this program is'nt finished yet.

Hello peabreu and Frasse,

Welcome to the thread. Frasse, your English is fine. My Swedish is non-existent (smile).

Without getting into the specifics of either of your findings which are welcome at this thread to help members and hopefully to inform Sonic Studio with user feedback offered constructively, I concur that AsQ+2.2wiRC is a work in progress.

Having eschewed streaming from early on, I intentionally ignored Sonic Studio's AsQ programs even though I beta test for them (volunteer since 2011). My experience started with AsQ+2.2wiRC in beta. I, therefore, have no prior experience with earlier builds. Hence other member user's feedback is helpful to me in so far as the comments which either match my own experience or not.

I recommend you provide Sonic Studio with feedback to help them sort out the player's experience, if you care to. Posting here may or may not be monitored though I think they do monitor our threads. In my experience with Sonic Studio, there is a steady progression for improvement and innovation. Just read the threads devoted to other software player programs and updates and user experience and compatibility problems with various combinations of hardware and software synergies.

I am not making excuses for Sonic Studio. My own experience new as it is with AsQ+2.2wiRC is that it is off to a good start, BUT, whether or not it is ready for prime time, there is much improvement needed in my assessment. I compare to roon with Dirac Live (full) and with roon with TIDAL HIFI. My own investment as a volunteer is to acclimate my experience to the latest build of AsQ+2.2wiRC and provide feedback.

Your comments help us all. Hopefully, Sonic Studio will use our feedback in constructive ways to help them innovate AsQ+ and future builds. Otherwise, as peabreu indicated, users will find other programs to employ for their enjoyment of the music. I know Sonic Studio cares and is invested in getting right. That's been my experience with them. And getting it right is a progression of builds, feedback, innovations, and eventually a build arrives that is generally regarded as "good enough" for the enjoyment of music we love to enjoy. N'est-ce pas?

Thank you for your comments.

Best,

Richard

Thank you for the welcoming?

I have been around and read a lot on this forum for a couple of years, and now I felt it was time to step inside.

My intend to post about my experience of AsQ+2.2wiRC was to get people aware of some shortcomings with the program, my first impression was that it sounded very good and spacy, but after I played a couple of tracks I started to get suspicious of the sound and after the track by Captain Hook I definitivly felt that something was really wrong.

iRC by Dirac is doing a great work with my Amarra Symphony 3.0 ( i can't be without it ) and I hope as you say that sQ+2.2wiRC will be fixed in a future upgrade.

I have no doubt about it, Sonic Studio has always been good and quite fast with the upgrades.

Håkan / Sweden