IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I'm no expert but the Mini requires 16V. So The 15V 1A should be fine (giving 15W to operate from), I have the Auralic LPS which is rated at 16V 1A. Others believe that more headroom is required so 15V 1.5A would be better (there are designs that have this rating or higher).

Neil

This post is a little after the fact... but having gone through a similar experience today with my new mini, apparently the settings wipe is done by holding the center and LEFT buttons (when facing the device), vs. the apparently unsuccessful "right" as stated above.

Worked for me. My only complaint is that it was needed at all...

The right and centre button combo erases all user settings from the Mini.

The left and centre button combo is to set up the Mini to join your wifi network for the first time or if you are having problems with your network. If this goes through the original cycle when first setting up the Mini then this will also give you the option of what output to use. This would avoid erasing your settings (doesn't take long to redo this anyway). Good call..

• 2 weeks later...

Read through previous posts and you will find out that you can live without Apple products (you cannot use an iPhone yet unless you are part of the beta testing programme). Borrow an iPad from a neighbour to set it up and see how you get along.

The easiest solution is to get yourself an iPad.

Sonore just announced their Sonic Orbiter SE at $300, with LPS. This renders the Aries Mini a paperweight: case closed. Took less than a month...

So sell yours and be happy. Mine is excellent and does all I want of it.

Your money, your choice. No DAC in the Sonic Orbiter. I think the Aries Mini will survive the Orbiter somehow.....

• 2 weeks later...
I'd actually be keen to buy an SSD drive to install into the Mini.

I have a 1Tb HDD installed in my Mini (3 months now) and it has been brilliant. 20 000 tracks were installed via my network. The Mini is shown on my iMac and it is just a case of dragging folders to the Mini (clear instructions given in the Auralic Support section). DO NOT copy over your entire collection at once. It will only take a small meta data glitch to stop the transfer. Do it in small batches (500 - 1000 tracks) and all will be fine.

Once done, sit back and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thecafeman

The top will run warm if the power is on as this is where all the electronics are just below the surface. The under side should be cool in comparison.

Never heard of your external DAC. Give it a go and find out. The internal DAC is significantly improved by using a Linear Power Supply. I have the Auralic LPS connected to mine and am very happy with the sound.

Regards

Neil

There are some mentioned earlier in this thread. The Teddy Pardo seems to have gone up in price recently. The Bay will be the place to get a cheap one. 16V and something over 1A should be fine. Just make sure you get the right size pin (cannot recall the size).

5.5mm/2.5mm?

Hi SuperPang

I got mine in October from Igloo and got a German version too (I knew what I was getting). If you are going to use the internal DAC then I would recommend getting a LPS as it makes a big difference to the sound. I have the Auralic one but there are plenty of others available on the Bay etc. 16v 1A required (can get away with slightly different measures).

£375 inc VAT @20% in the UK. No Tidal offer but from what Xuanqian said to DAR it would appear that a 3 month trial offer is coming (just new purchases? Not sure yet).

Out of curiosity, can any people from Europe tell me how much the Aries Mini costs retail price? Here in Greece it's €590 incl local VAT, which is way off the retail price that Auralic had suggested for the rest of the world, excl USA... Maybe the price changed for everyone and not just USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app