IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I have a 2Qute with Aries Mini, and there is a noticeable improvement in sound compared to my MacBook Pro with Audirvana +. I am wondering whether an LPS would be beneficial with the external DAC. Is it worth the outlay?

I've just ordered one of these:

HDPLEX Fanless Linear Power Supply for PC Audio and CE device

I'm having the 19v output reduced to 16v for my Aries mini.

Then you could use the 12v output for your Chord dac.

once you've heard what a decent LPS can do for the Aries you'll want one for the dac as well! This way you only have to buy one :)

Thanks Dave,

Have tried all 3 options with a good quality LPS.

Two of the same sources NAS and ext SSD are used for my CAPS3 variant and its lovely.

Im looking to see if anyone has done any jitter measurements on the mini and if there could be external influences as the plastic case used to (I believe) allow Wi fi reception will also allow any form of unwanted RF signals to influence its operation.

Ill keep delving- It does say on the box its a High End Wireless Streamer so I dont think i'm expecting too much

If you watch the YouTube review linked to earlier you will see the amount of internal shielding the mini has. So I wouldn't think the plastic case is causing a problem, other than aesthetics maybe!

• 3 weeks later...
As was expected, in Greece it's more expensive and in general we can all kiss goodbye to the $399 price tag that was so overhyped. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Overhyped by whom? I don't think it was Auralic doing the hyping.

€100 doesn't exactly take it into a different price class either, still a bargain IMO