IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

See above. Mine is black.

Hi jtwrace

I have read your comments and I think I understand.

I am planning to use the Mini with an internal HDD and fed directly into my Nait 2 (no external DAC). Am I correct in thinking that the Auralic LPS makes a hell of a difference in this set up and is worth the investment? I will of course audition but it would be good to hear others views.

Many thanks

Neil

I will be receiving a white Mini very soon (no black and there are no new deliveries until January of either colour apparently). I want to insert an internal HDD. Do I need to wait until Lightning DS 2.3 or will it be ok to go ahead with the current version?

Many thanks

Neil

It's evidence that demand is far exceeding supply. Far from a screw up.

Said to be available in July - was not. Said to be available at the end of September - was not. Some units available at the end of October. Next shipment is to be in January as I understand from my dealer.

How is this not a screw up? They have created a lot of interest and then have no units for people to buy. I understand that they have had manufacturing issues but surely these things should have been sorted out before public announcements are made?

The Linear Power Supply was mentioned at the launch. Not available. It would appear Auralic have messed up here in business terms.

Don't get me wrong, I think the product will be very good (mine should arrive tomorrow) and successful, but from a consumers point of view it is very amateurish.

Hi all.

Can someone confirm what's the analog out RMS please?

also, can I connect active speakers straight to this unit via audio out at the back and control volume from Auralic app?

In answer to the second question - yes. This is how Auralic have been demoing the Mini at recent events.

So the Mini arrived this morning and it is set up with the exception of my music library which I am in the process of copying (5 days!).

Signed up for a month's trial of Tidal and it is sounding mighty fine. Really pleased :-)

Waiting for LDS v2.3 so I can install the Internal HDD and then be done. The wait is worth it people!

jtwrace - is it possible to change the order of Radio Favourites in v2.3? i've added a lot of different ones but I seem to be unable to move my top stations up the list.

No news as to when I will be able to get the Auralic Linear Power Supply yet.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Johan,

A small note on the power consumption for the Aries Mini:

The power consumption of the Aries Mini according to the official specs is max. 20W. This makes the rating 16V/1.25A. According to these specs a power supply with a rating of 1A will not be sufficient.

In our opinion the actual power consumption will depend on the configuration and the USB connections. Please check the following overview for the possibilities of our BOTW P&P ECO with Sbooster Ultra Upgrade:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21929[/ATTACH]

An installed internal HDD will generate a high peak load in case of a high performance solid state drive, also USB devices can consume up to 500mA.

Our advice is to use a power supply with a power rating of 1.5A or higher when you want to use the Mini with an internal SSD and external USB powered devices. With this power rating you are sure to have enough head-room and to have all the components perform at their best.

FYI: the power rating of our 15-16V BOTW P&P ECO is 15V/2.25A or 16V/1.85A.

Regards,

Karin

Sbooster

Karin

Where are you getting the 20W from? Auralic website says 10W for Mini playback the the Auralic LPS will have plenty of headroom.

Also your UK dealer is out of stock. Might want to get him some units soon.

V2.3 is here and so I have installed the 1Tb HDD (all very easy). LDS is easy to follow (initialise HDD etc - support page is very useful). I am now copying files via my network to the internal HDD. Just had a quick test before transferring the entire library - all working fine. Doing it over network (more control) so 1 day of transferring!!!.

Thank you Auralic, wonderful product!