IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Hi, just wondering what people are using as an LPS for the Aries Mini? I am looking at buying one and I've narrowed it down to the Auralic LPS or SBooster BOTW w/ Ultra, just wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare the two, I'll probably go with whichever one sounds better but the SBooster is almost twice the price as the Auralic LPS so I figured I'd ask.

As info, I am using the Aries Mini as a streamer with my NAS, output via USB to a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and into my headphone amp.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Hi goldendarko there is a comparison here, for the Aries full Audio Ramblings - The Auralic Aries and SBooster Linear Power Supply - Positive Feedback

I understand if you are using an internal hdd the ultra is not suitable. maybe worth checking out.

Yes, thanks, I actually read that article and that is what got me interested in the SBooster. Unfortunately the review reads like an advertisement more than an objective review so I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to hear them side by side and could say if it's worth the additional cost.

Also, if using the Aries Mini to output to an external DAC, is the improvement really that noticeable?

I have an SBooster LPS (BOTW P&P Eco 15/16v) with Ultra. Aries Mini has internal SSD. Works like a charm. Just contact SBooster for details.

Aries Mini streams to external DAC through USB. LPS gives noticable improvement in HARMONICS. So, you'll notice a refinement of sound, better timbre and a better resolved ambience where the music was recorded. Is it worth your money? It depends. First I spent money on Uptone Audio"s REGEN and a better RCA interlink between DAC / preamp and amp. Allthough these did a lot for SQ, it all came really to live thanks to improved power supplies.

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at the REGEN you were talking about, looks like a Jitterbug type USB cleaning device or whatever they are called. I had read Jason @ Schiit has said you don't need one of these types of devices with the Yggy because the USB implementation is top notch so I am thinking that wouldn't provide any improvements in my particular setup, but it sounds like the SBooster would.