IGNORED

BSO offers subscription service!

A few weeks ago, there was a posting on this site that mentioned downloads from Boston Symphony Orchestra. I purchased Mahler's 6th through that site and found it to be an outstanding performance and recording. Over the next few weeks, I've purchased three additional albums and they are all among the very best I've downloaded in the course of this hobby. Today I was idly browsing through their FAQs and found that a subscription service is available at $30 for three months or $50 per year! I don't know how long this has been offered, but the description on their web site is marked with "**New**". Normally when I see "Subscription", my brain fires off a "DRM!" warning. But this is not the case with these downloads. There is no DRM on the BSO content. You can download all content on their site for the duration of your subscription and play that content forever. I thought I was getting a bargain when buying fine sounding albums for $10 - 13$, but this is an even better bargain. Check it out - http://www.bso.org.

By the way, the Ein Deutches Requiem is phenomenal!

I agree with you they are good.

But not without certain problems on my Macbook Pro an itunes.

Ravel´s Daphnis opened in the wrong order in itunes.

Very irritating.

I don´t understand why. But it did.

I downloaded all of it on one go via high speed broadband in a few minutes.

Apart from these the downloads from Norwegian label 2L are maybe even better.

I have downloaded two of their classical downloads as 24/96 flac files and they are superb.

Basically as good as a good SACD.

alll the best Chrille