IGNORED

netbook with vista basic

Hey Bob,

How do I bypass the Kmixer in my XP netbook, I read that you get better sound by doing this. And do I need to use ASIO plugins with MediaMonkey, I also read that this sometimes helps. I am so new that I don't know how or what they are.

Thanks,

jeff

Have a read through this. The first page should give you everything you need to know.

I'm not a huge fan of Asio4All, I prefer to use only drivers that are shipped with the soundcard I'm using, rather than third party stuff. But I do know a lot of people love it so if you feel like giving it a go.......

BTW - and please don't take this the wrong way, it's meant with the best of intentions - the best way to hunt for stuff like this is to use the Search box, top left. To find the thread I've just pointed you to, I searched for 'mediamonkey kmixer' - if you do the same you will find many more threads and much more varied advice and tips from all the other knowledgeable users around here. IOW - I'm as likely to be wrong as anyone else! The safest way forward, for anyone new to all of this, is to look and see if lots of people are basically saying the same thing. If they are then you can take that advice as worth a punt! If it's just one voice then procede with caution!

Have fun! :)