IGNORED

Installed the UpTone JS-2 LPS Today WOW!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a similar question: why this compared to YFS mod ( Your Final System)?

thx

I like the guys at YFS and love their USB Data Only Reference cable, but do they lay out what their design philosophy or implementation the way that Alex and John do? It turns out that there's a lot of ringing out of those huge (10+) cap filters they put in the location of the removed SMPS. Then there is the cost issue and the feature set - Uptone JS-2 has 2 clean outputs (voltage selectable) and costs less. Not to mention the primo construction and clean look of the JS-2. Win win win with the JS-2! (Not to mention YFS and Mojo and Core all want to up-sell you on better wiring and cables... I mean, come on, just put the good wire in there to begin with.. Wire can't be the big cost in these units. Sheesh!)

Any LPS will, most likely, get you a SQ improvement but the way it gets it is critical to how much you get!

• 1 year later...
Hi Alex,

If I buy and import in Europe goods without the certification:

1) The customs can stop the delivery and destroy the goods: I lose the goods and money;

2) If I have a fire due to an electrical problem caused by goods without certification the insurance does not pay me: I lose my house and money.

Have a nice weekend :)

I'm surprised that they still allow forks to be sold for eating food in the EU. I mean, you can poke your eye out with one of those! [emoji854]

Of course safety is a concern, but the CE certification is a money grab and a joke. A company can self certify, and you still have to pay about US$35K for it. I know, the company I work for makes industrial electrical and electronic products and we deal with all of the certification agencies. So, if a customer requires a certification we charge them for it. Simple. Ready to pay?

• 3 weeks later...