IGNORED

Pono Music Store online and out of beta according to report

Pono Music Store is lame, to be frank. I don't see how to simply browse the entire catalogue instead of doing a search. Apart from a list of tracks and front cover image, there's no real info for each album, for either the music fan or the audiophile: where's the list of musicians, engineers and the recording and (re)mastering details?

Well then, you clearly haven't heard the 24/192 remaster of KOB. It is the best version available. Not even close (except for the DSD remaster, which is almost as good. Both higher res than Redbook.

Again, naysayers like you continually make the incorrect assumption that the only thing hi-res brings us is greater frequency response. I'd say that's the least compelling reason for it.

Which 16/44 (Red Book) release is the 24/192 remaster, in your opinion, better than? Are you comparing different resolutions of one remaster, or comparing completely separate remasters?

I believe I've heard/owned pretty much all of them. Several different American ones, Japanese, European, also different SACD/DSD ones, a few different vinyl ones, etc. Multiple versions and from different countries. The recent 24/192 is the best sounding one of them all, IMO. You are welcome to reject my opinion.

I was just reacting to the post that said there was no point to Pono Music selling a 24/192 version of an analogue tape like KOB, and it would sound just as good in Redbook. BTW, I've downsampled one of the 24/192 KOB cuts to Redbook and it doesn't sound the same that way either. If you want to argue the same point as the poster I reacted too, save your energy. I have no intention of getting into another pointless argument like that, and this thread isn't about that.

Beyond that, I don't really care if the 24/192 is a different remaster or not. I care that it sounds better than the other versions available to me. I'm listening to it to get the maximum enjoyment out of the music, and not to confirm or disprove some theory/idea I may have about hi-res vs Redbook.

Thanks. I have no wish to argue. I was interested in exactly what you compared in order to conclude that "hi-res is superior".