IGNORED

Basic NAS question

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a 16TB WD MyCloud EX4, on which I store my lossless FLAC files, which are then accessed by my Win7/JRMC20 music server via a wired Ethernet connection that is attached to my ASUS RT-AC66U router. I would appreciate the community's input on NAS/router/Win7/JRMC20 settings that will maximize performance of this setup. I apologize for the simplicity/ignorance of my question and am happy to be redirected to any other forum post(s) that may address this question. Also, as someone interested in understanding how all of these pieces work, any websites or publications that folks know of that could better educate me on this topic would also be appreciated.

Best regards,

Tim

I apologize for the simplicity/ignorance of my question

Actually beyond the simple "plug it in" there isn't really much that you can do to maximise performance ...

One potential for improvement is to add a switch between the router and the Win7 PC & the NAS - that way general traffic will be somewhat removed from your "Music" network. Going beyond a simple switch you could consider a full managed switch and implementing VLANs but if you are asking questions about how to optimise your network I would suggest that such moves are likely beyond your (and by that I mean most people's) capabilities as there aren't really step by step instructions you can be given.

Unless you have a problem ... I would suggest you are as optimised as you need to be.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.