IGNORED

Amp/DAC for Gigaworks T40 II

Hey All..

I'm pretty new to the audio hobby and right now what I have is a Creative Gigaworks T40 II speakers with Itunes. I am running AIFF on all the recommended settings as suggested by Chris, audio is a dream so far and I'm loving my hours of listening each night.

I know many of you run a DAC between your computers to your high end speakers and that improves the sound. I am wondering if there is an equivalent for my T40 II which uses the default headphone jack. I want to improve the sound that I currently getting as I won't be getting any new speakers till I move to my new house in 3 years time.

Thanks all for the help and advice. =)

You could consider running a low end DAC such as Beresford TC7520 (£150) or maybe VALAB ($200 off ebay). Only if you are planning to buy some higher end speakers later would any extra expense be worthwhile. Even with these DACs however there will probably be only small improvement in sound as you are limited by the performance of the speakers - I'd personally spend you money on more music.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.