IGNORED

Young Dac and New imac 5 K problems...

I have been using a m2tech young dac, USB, audirvana plus and imac OS X with no problems...now I buy brand new 27" 5K imac and suddenly the combinations does not work any longer...audirvana sees dac but it does not work properly..it scratches, won't change samling rate or does play at all....I have made clean install and also mirror reboot from the old working mac and still the same...so old mac OS 10.10 works, new mac identical OS 10.10 does not...have tried different cables, hiface 2 connection, different slots etc etc....anyone can help? Please...

Try adding a simple USB2.0 hub between the USB port and the DAC.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Surprisingly, on their website, they say:

To the attention of owners of Apple computers.

The driver for HiFace, HiFace Evo, Young and Vaughan is not currently compatible with the

new operating system Mavericks (OSX 10.9) due to a change in Apple protocol.

We are working on a solution but for now, it is recommended not to update to 10.9 it until M2TECH releases a new driver or firmware update for the mentioned products. If you can stay on Apple OSX 10.8

or roll back to OSX 10.8 please do so.

So it appears they are working on a new driver since 10.8. Perhaps contact them to get the latest status?

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

There's a new driver for Mavericks (and I assume Yosomite) compatibility on the front page of M2Tech.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.