IGNORED

Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold Available at SuperHiRez in 96/24

Hi folks,

I am loving the CD of this new album and am contemplating the high res purchase.

Has anyone purchased and would they be happy to share comments on sound quality and possibly some DR numbers? Unfortunately the CD is too compressed for my liking.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

kramnotwen

According to the HDTracks website the album is "44K recordings mastered to 24/96". The numbers on the DR database for the HDTracks download are downright ugly. I'd suggest that you pass on it.

exaSound PlayPoint DM MkII with Uptone Audio JS-2 power supply; Horn Shoppe The Truth preamp; Coincident Frankenstein MkII mono blocs (mid/tweeter) and Dragon 211b mono blocs (woofers); Coincident Pure Reference Extreme MkII loudspeakers; Coincident cabling throughout...Analogue: Jean Nantais Ultimate Lenco turntable with Durand Kairos arm, Benz-Micro LPS cartridge; Coincident Statement phono stage

According to the HDTracks website the album is "44K recordings mastered to 24/96". The numbers on the DR database for the HDTracks download are downright ugly. I'd suggest that you pass on it.

Thanks vinylphile, that is exactly what I decided to do the moment I saw the HDT release note and the DR numbers. The CD will do me just fine.

Cheers,

kramnotwen