IGNORED

How do you store DFF ( untagged ) files?

rodrigaj

OpusOne, creating a batch is simple, no programming needed... for example in 3 steps:

1) Install ISO2DSF using my PDF manual

2) Open Command Prompt window, change to your music library base folder (G:\AUDIO in my example) and store list of all ISOs in a file

cd /d G:\AUDIO

dir /s /b *.ISO > batch.bat

Now all lines in generated file batch.bat will begin with G:\AUDIO, for example:

G:\AUDIO\Interpret1\Album1\Album1.ISO

G:\AUDIO\Interpret2\Album2\Album2.ISO

3) Use any text editor to substitute all occurences of

G:\AUDIO

with

iso2dsf.exe "G:\AUDIO

You will get lines like

iso2dsf.exe "G:\AUDIO\Interpret1\Album1\Album1.ISO

iso2dsf.exe "G:\AUDIO\Interpret2\Album2\Album2.ISO

Now substitute all .ISO with .ISO"

You will get lines like

iso2dsf.exe "G:\AUDIO\Interpret1\Album1\Album1.ISO"

iso2dsf.exe "G:\AUDIO\Interpret2\Album2\Album2.ISO"

Your batch.bat is ready at this point, just to run it ... But it could run days for hundreds of ISOs, so I would rather copy&paste smaller number of lines from the batch file to Command Prompt window. You can test the first line and when it runs fine, you can try to start for example batch of 30 ISOs during night ...

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Ted, if you have 30 command lines from a batch file in clipboard and paste them to Command Prompt window, they will be processed sequentially.

Other possibility than clipboard is to move that 30 lines to a new .bat file and run it ... then they will be also processed sequentially.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

No, I didn't test it.

If that's true, then I could make ISO2DSF faster by direct ISO to DSF conversion. I still like the easy usage of right click (or simple pressing <Enter> on ISO file, it does the same job).

• 1 year later...
I have to go and back re-edit my files names or regenerate them again against the metadata.

Why are you doing so? Filename is only filename, it's for your brief information. The place which should contain exact original information about the track is metadata. That's the point which I attempted to solve correctly. See for example this picture - title names are correctly displayed in MP3TAG, but file names are intentionally simplified. Why intentionally? Because not all characters in title names are allowed in filenames. Restrictions depend on particular filesystem. Many programs don't count and misbehave with special characters in pathnames even if those are allowed in particular filesystem. So, I am intentionally creating filenames using restricted character set not to cause subsequent troubles.

Use your music player to look at your music library metadata and to search through it. It should show you metadata correctly.